Confirmation ministry is a time:
- for the baptized to reflect upon the covenant that God made with her or him in baptism;
- for the baptized to explore and own the gift of life under the Gospel; and,
- to grow more deeply in being a member of God’s covenant community, the Church.
- to develop life giving relationships through fun, worship, service, retreats, and by asking faith questions in a safe and nurturing environment.
- ultimately, to fall more in love with Jesus and his Church
We at Abiding Hope believe that confirmation should be an exciting, adventurous, grace-filled, and powerfully meaningful time in the life of an adolescent. We pledge to do our very best by ensuring that promised outcome.
Abiding Hope’s confirmation ministry is led by a dedicated team of adult guides and shepherds, and by the pastoral staff. This faith development ministry receives our very best efforts and prayer.
ELIGIBILITY AND TENURE
Confirmation Ministry at Abiding Hope is a three-year experience that culminates in the participant’s public Affirmation of Baptism through the Rite of Confirmation. This final ritual establishes the baptized as a voting member of this congregation.
The design of confirmation ministry is generally age appropriate for persons in the sixth through tenth grade levels; however, we intend for participation to begin in the sixth grade and conclude at the end of the eighth. Any faith seeking person, baptized or not, or baptized member, is eligible to begin the ministry as soon as she or he reaches the level of sixth grade. Exceptions to this rule are granted when deemed necessary. Persons who are new to Abiding Hope and whose child is of confirmation age are particularly urged to contact Pastor Laura to determine at which level their child should begin. There are three levels:
- Level 6: The beginning level, which normally begins in August of one’s sixth grade year. Led by Pastor Doug.
- Level 7: The second level, which is normally during one’s seventh grade year. Led by Pastor Laura.
- Level 8: The third level, which culminates in the ritual of being confirmed in the late spring. This level launches our teens into our Senior High Discipleship ministry. Led by Joel Rothe.
Photo and Video Galleries